Death Benefit On a V/A

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
What are your thoughts about having the DB rider on a V/A? I would think that if one is relatively healthy and about 61 years old, they might be better off purchasing life insurance rather than paying for that rider. Plus they have control of life insurance. If they move out of the V/A at some point, they would lose the DB that they paid for all along.

What am I missing here or am I on the right track? Just looking for some other opinions. :GEEK:

Also, for those of you that do sell the DB rider, how do you sell it as opposed to life insurance providing that you are not selling both?

For those of you that don't like it, how to you not sell it and perhaps go for life insurance instead?

Seems like some folks could get the same or more life insurance which they are in control of (not the insurance company) for the same amount of money if not less.

Last edited:
some great points. the last db rider i sold was on a metlife va. client was 74 and it would have been very difficult for her to pass a med screening due to some health issues.

Back