Deciding

There is more than can possibly be said about either company on here. You really ought to search for State Farm or Farmers and read some of the past threads.

Ultimately, your opinion is the only one that is going to matter.

Been living at Washington State for 17 years.

Neither are very good for a long term career. But both can be good to learn the business and the fundamentals of insurance sales. Liberty Mutual is another really good company to get started with.

Personally I like SF over Farmers. But SF is more selective in their hiring and Farmers hires anyone.

I believe it is in reference to TICA and the whole run for daylight thing. The first being a SF contract agent, then they decide if you stay...if not they keep your book and cut you loose. With farmers they have a reserve agent thing I belive plus the loans are hard to get forgiven,ie. Tough numbers to hit. But I am just speaking third hand here, no personal exp. With either. (sorry about poor punctuation, my phone just pulled rank on my finger)

I believe it is in reference to TICA and the whole run for daylight thing. The first being a SF contract agent, then they decide if you stay...if not they keep your book and cut you loose. With farmers they have a reserve agent thing I belive plus the loans are hard to get forgiven,ie. Tough numbers to hit. But I am just speaking third hand here, no personal exp. With either. (sorry about poor punctuation, my phone just pulled rank on my finger)

That is exactly what I am talking about.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What kind of contracts are you referring too.

Dennis, that you even ask that question indicates to me that you need to do more homework so you really understand what you are committing yourself to.

Last edited:
Back