Does $236 food card count as income?

I heard this question half a dozen times, esp with the people getting low income subsidy on housing.

Tell them not to report it as income. If they do it has proven to be a problem at least once in a housing place.

Ugh. It's not income. it's part of their insurance plan to encourage heathy eating and habits to help them be healthier to lower health care costs OMG. Duh!

it's part of their insurance plan to encourage heathy eating and habits to help them be healthier to lower health care costs OMG. Duh!

Duh! back to you.

I don't know what happens further into a sales interview, but that is certainly NOT the initial emotional thrust in the way MAPD benefits are presented to Medicare Beneficiaries.

Duh! back to you.

I don't know what happens further into a sales interview, but that is certainly NOT the initial emotional thrust in the way MAPD benefits are presented to Medicare Beneficiaries.
I know....I feel like saying that sometimes. I'd never say that to a prospect/client...Had it happen where a persons rent was raised bc a new housing manager did list it with client as her income. Blows my mind how some info gets processed. Long texts from person blaming her rent going up on her healthy benefits card....idk, I did talk to that manager a few months after the fact. She learned it's not listed as income.

Its called a "healthy benefits" card for a reason. That's what it's for....not to be confused with income.

Back