E-Signatures, How Many Carriers Are Accepting Them?

JDT

I've been getting e-mails from almost everyone on how great it is to use e-signatures. I have done one with a client through docusign and the client loved it and so did I.

I did, however check with my carriers and while that carrier does accept e-signatures, I did get a couple of "no" or "not yet, we are considering it" responses from underwriting.

Has anyone else run in to this?

thank's

I've been getting e-mails from almost everyone on how great it is to use e-signatures. I have done one with a client through docusign and the client loved it and so did I.

I did, however check with my carriers and while that carrier does accept e-signatures, I did get a couple of "no" or "not yet, we are considering it" responses from underwriting.

Has anyone else run in to this?

thank's

American General, Assurity, Banner, Genworth, ING, North American, and Protective are a few of the carriers we use that offer E-Apps.

Last edited:
Almost all of them. In addition to them taking esigs thru ipipeline, they accept docusign and right signature.

Its 2014 so these companies are catching up to technology

Technology is great, but I'd never do business with someone that can't show up and sign an application.

I am sure I am missing something here.

Yeah, Wino is making fun of me!

Seriously.....if I can't pick you out of a line-up...I'm not doing business with you.

Yeah, Wino is making fun of me!

Seriously.....if I can't pick you out of a line-up...I'm not doing business with you.

Just messing with you.

I do what my clients require, mostly. Not unusual for me to drive 3-4 hours for one meeting. But I also do a lot of business by email.

I received two packages from Amazon today and an Email from my P&C company, USAA. And I have never met Mr Amazon or Mr USAA ;)

Kidding aside I grew my business face to face hand shake by hand shake. Old school. I enjoy meeting my clients.

Mr. Amazon is pretty cool, but Mr. USAA never shows up on time, and his check rarely covers the full bill in my experience.

I realize there is an expedited nature of this business and need for E-Sigs too. I've seen agents go to jail for forging signatures. DON"T be that guy.

Mr. Amazon is pretty cool, but Mr. USAA never shows up on time, and his check rarely covers the full bill in my experience.

I realize there is an expedited nature of this business and need for E-Sigs too. I've seen agents go to jail for forging signatures. DON"T be that guy.

Almost 30 years in business and not so much as a contested claim. I think I am getting the hang of it.

Back