Fixed Indexed Annuity Seminar

etj4585

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a FINRA reviewed FIA seminar that can just be purchased outright?

I have seen several offered through FMOs, but I'm with a broker/dealer and have to write my business through them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you talked to your B/D? Considering your OSJ would have to approve it anyway, it may be a good place to start.

I have talked to my BD and they don't have anything nor do they recommend anything. I'm with a large indy BD and I am the OSJ.

I have talked to my BD and they don't have anything nor do they recommend anything. I'm with a large indy BD and I am the OSJ.

Who is your B/D?

Since EIAs arent registered yet your best bet is to go through different companies that actually sell EIAs; or since you are the OSJ, just make your own with power point or something.

I know that LFG & ING both have client seminars you can use. I think LFG has some w/o lfg branding, so you can put your own name on there.
Often times you can piece together different single client pieces from different companies to form a presentation (or parts of them).
As long as your approved to do business w/ a company your B/D will let you use their marketing material.

I like to create my own seminar presentations. I guess im just picky, but ive never found one that I liked 100%.

Just some friendly advice from experience: dont get too caught up in the printed material for the presentation. Keep it short, sweet, and simple; and use slides as talking points, rather than talking through the slide.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are two I have saved on my pc. One is an lfg presentation and has a nice look to it. The other is unbranded, shorter in slides, but a bit wordy and not as appealing visually.

Again, I recommend piecing together slides from multiple sources to make your own.

the lfg one was too big to attach i think so here is the link to it
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjnwnqg0ddz

Attachments

• eiapres.pdf
    176.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Who is your BD? I agree with the other guy. Should create your own. A canned pres. would have to be approved by yourself since you are the OSJ. Let me see what I have.

Hey thanks for the info! My BD is LPL Financial.

One other problem that persists is that any presentation and/or invite has to be FINRA reviewed. I could make my own, but I don't know how long it would take or if FINRA would give me an "okay" letter.

Hey thanks for the info! My BD is LPL Financial.

One other problem that persists is that any presentation and/or invite has to be FINRA reviewed. I could make my own, but I don't know how long it would take or if FINRA would give me an "okay" letter.

Im not really familiar with lpl.

Why does FINRA need to approve it????
Is this coming from your B/D or something? They shouldnt be concerned with your non-registered stuff anyway, unless your running fixed sales through your B/D, which I would never suggest!

Ive never heard of "FINRA approved" client pieces. I have heard of "carrier approved" pieces though.....

Thats the thing. I can do fixed business outsite of LPL but all FIA's have to be run through LPL for compliance reasons.

All seminars we give as reps of a BD need to be FINRA reviewed (FINRA doesn't "approve" anything)

Thats the thing. I can do fixed business outsite of LPL but all FIA's have to be run through LPL for compliance reasons.

All seminars we give as reps of a BD need to be FINRA reviewed (FINRA doesn't "approve" anything)

Well, to be blunt; that really sucks for you...sorry.

Not only do you have to think about compounded compliance issues. But your B/D is taking a cut of your EIA biz, which is the biggest market out there at the moment.

But both presentations I posted come straight from Lincoln Financial (I dont have INGs version saved, which is a bit better) and are carrier approved. I am on Lincolns B/D (which is indy) so Im 99% sure FINRA would approve these. No carrier in their right mind would provide a presentation that FINRA wouldnt approve of. Most carrier presentations are very conservative.

If your doing a good bit of EIA biz id look into some EIA friendly B/Ds, it sounds like your indy B/D isnt allowing you to be too independent...

I only have one FIA approved with LPL and that is the Standard Insurance company. LPL is a tough nut to crack and we have had many many meetings regarding this. I too would recommend another BD that is more FIA friendly and since I work with many BD's in the FIA world, contact me and I would be happy to share my insight with you.

Latest posts

Back