Getting Started Selling Annuities

1. Network family and friends until you get an introduction to a successful producer.

2. Talk said producer into traing you.

3. ?????

4. Profit.

I don't think Annuities are very prominent where I am from...I think most people that sell them around here just wait for someone to call and say "hey, can you do annuities?" I was hoping more for a good IMO/FMO with maybe some online training/lead programs...is that too much to be asking for? The reason I am interested is because I think it's kind of an untapped market in my area, I would love to capitalize on this fact if possible.

I don't think Annuities are very prominent where I am from...I think most people that sell them around here just wait for someone to call and say "hey, can you do annuities?" I was hoping more for a good IMO/FMO with maybe some online training/lead programs...is that too much to be asking for? The reason I am interested is because I think it's kind of an untapped market in my area, I would love to capitalize on this fact if possible.

What state or at least region are you in SW, SE, NE, NW? Are you looking for leads or doing seminars or what?

I think it's kind of an untapped market in my area, I would love to capitalize on this fact if possible.

Don't be naive and underestimate...no matter where you are...there are no "untapped markets".

In addition, you better be pretty damned competent and proficient before you start messin' with people's money!

Which is why I personally feel annuities should be sold under a Series license. I understand there are some purists out there and say Annuities don't pose a risk like other funds do, and that is a form of insurance and not investment. I look at it like this, those funds and vehicles (investments) are a type of insurance as well...against going broke. Atleast there should be additional training due to the lock-in periods, bonuses, penalties etc. They make you take 8 extra hours for LTC, why not annuities?

Which is why I personally feel annuities should be sold under a Series license. I understand there are some purists out there and say Annuities don't pose a risk like other funds do, and that is a form of insurance and not investment. I look at it like this, those funds and vehicles (investments) are a type of insurance as well...against going broke. Atleast there should be additional training due to the lock-in periods, bonuses, penalties etc. They make you take 8 extra hours for LTC, why not annuities?

What difference would that really make?

People who lie cheat and steal, LIE CHEAT and STEAL with all different kinds of licences and some do it with out holding a license.

I'm in NE Alabama...most people I have talked to around here don't even know what an annuity is. The people that I know that do have them purchased the annuity through their bank. I'm just saying that I don't think they are highly marketed where I am from and there is definitely not an abundance of annuity agents. Furthermore, the reason I am asking this question is to find a good FMO that offers product training...I definitely don't want to be the guy that screws someone over just to make a commission or just because I am underinformed. I don't think I want to do seminars...probably need leads.

Some states are already requiring this...my problem with it is next it will be DI/LI health etc...and the question becomes what is the license good for anyway? Having said that the 20 minutes out of my life every 2 years isn't that big a deal.

Back