GI Life Policy

jackdaniel

I am somewhat new in the industry and had a client who is 68 and currently recovering from cancer. He life policy from work will cancel effective the end of this month. Are there any guarantee issue life or final expense policies should would be able to get?

Thanks for any help.

I am somewhat new in the industry and had a client who is 68 and currently recovering from cancer. He life policy from work will cancel effective the end of this month. Are there any guarantee issue life or final expense policies should would be able to get?

Thanks for any help.

Another example of why the people who depend upon coverage should reconsider.

Last edited:

Thanks for any help.

The best priced GI plans for him will be Vantis, Gerber and MoO. All are ROP for the first 2 years.

What's "recovering" from cancer? How long ago diagnosed and/or treated? May not have to go the GI route depending on that answer.

Thanks, good question. I'm currently finding out the diagnosis date, stage and grade and current status.

Appreciate the direction

Check out the law in your state.

In Massachusetts an insurer who provides group coverage through an employer is required to issue a permanent insurance policy at the company's standard rate at the attained age when a separating employee requests it within 30 days of leaving the job.

The insurance compnay must offer the policy with no health questions or underwriting. It similar to a term conversion.

My wife did this when she left a job in which she was covered by the group life insurance.

If your client can do this in your state, she will have day one full coverage and not have to wait two years like she would with a guaranteed issue policy.

She was diagnosed August of 2012 with Primary Peritoneal cancer. She had surgery and did chemo for 3 months. She is currently taking avastin for her lungs and everything is holding status quo. They didn't stage the cancer at that time because of the surgery removing it. She's not looking for a large amount only 15 to 20 thousand.

other meds she takes:
amlodipine besylate
fluoxetine
lisinipril
metoprolol succinate
warfarin

She was diagnosed August of 2012 with Primary Peritoneal cancer. She had surgery and did chemo for 3 months. She is currently taking avastin for her lungs and everything is holding status quo. They didn't stage the cancer at that time because of the surgery removing it. She's not looking for a large amount only 15 to 20 thousand.

other meds she takes:
amlodipine besylate
fluoxetine
lisinipril
metoprolol succinate
warfarin

Call up MOO, 1-800-801-5207. $10,000 is $51/mo. They will go to $20,000. True GI, ROP + 10% for first 2 years.

Back