Golden Rule's HSA Saver Plan vs. HSA 100

arnguy

Guru
5000 Post Club
You guys who write GR's HSA's, I would like your opinion on the comparison of the two plans. The prospect is single, no children. The areas not covered by the Saver Plan may not be too relevant when considering a saving in premium. Of course, I remember the admonition (I believe it was from John Petrowski) to watch out for any plan that has "Saver" in its title.:skeptical:

Most of the business I wrote last yr was with GR and not one Saver plan.

98% was HSA or Plan 100. A handful of Copay plans (mostly on kids) and nothing else.

If you must write a Saver plan (with ANY carrier) just plan on being sued at some point if a client ever has a major claim.

saver to client=cheap
saver to agent= jail, bankrupt, unemployed by loss of license

right start to client= cheap
right start to agent= well... u can see above

unicare saver to client= cheap
unicare saver to agent=..... well, u know

The biggest myth is this biz is that everyone needs a cheap rate. Yet if you look a buying patterns among all consumers you find that no one buys the cheapest of anything - even "broke" people don't buy the cheapest cell phone, tv, dvd player or computer.

I can tell you for a fact that "broke" people most certainly don't buy the cheapest car. In fact, they search for the "most" car they can get.

Yet when it comes to health insurance for some reason people think the rate has anything to do with anything. It does if you don't build value in your product or don't disclose future liability.

I have never seen rate be an issue with an overwhelming majority of my clients. I don't say things like "cheap" or "afforable" when I talk. I talk about "quality" and "the best."

saver to client=cheap
saver to agent= jail, bankrupt, unemployed by loss of license

right start to client= cheap
right start to agent= well... u can see above

unicare saver to client= cheap
unicare saver to agent=..... well, u know

why is that so? are there a lot of fine prints that are easy to miss?

Back