Guaranteed Issue in North Carolina

This may not be popular opinion, but a very helpful tip.... You don't need guaranteed issue. Most Guaranteed issue products are stacked against the agent, don't draft correctly and don't have favorable chargeback rules. I have found in the last 10 years that 99% of GI cases can be placed elsewhere with a carrier that does true social security billing. Most agents just don't have the products in their bag to where you can pivot to a graded or modified product, heck I've seen agents write GI where the client can qualify for a level benefit. If the client can truly only qualify for GI, you are much better off giving them Mutual of Omaha's phone number and letting their in house team write them. Saves you time and money in the long run.

CICA is not priced well at all for healthy people. But you don’t need them for healthy people.

This thread was about GI. They will take many things level that is GI with others.

CHF and oxygen use come to mind.

COPD smoker is priced well.

COPD oxygen user still smoking and weighs 400 lbs is level. It would be priced higher than the policy not issued by MOFO.

This may not be popular opinion, but a very helpful tip.... You don't need guaranteed issue. Most Guaranteed issue products are stacked against the agent, don't draft correctly and don't have favorable chargeback rules. I have found in the last 10 years that 99% of GI cases can be placed elsewhere with a carrier that does true social security billing. Most agents just don't have the products in their bag to where you can pivot to a graded or modified product, heck I've seen agents write GI where the client can qualify for a level benefit. If the client can truly only qualify for GI, you are much better off giving them Mutual of Omaha's phone number and letting their in house team write them. Saves you time and money in the long run.
Whut, whut?? :1wink:

Just got contracted with CICA and ran my first quote. These rates are not good at all.
For example. 65 year old female nonsmoker W/ Mutual of Omaha $41.01 for a $10,000 policy
65 year old female nonsmoker W/ CICA $63.63 for a $10,000 policy

More thanks 50% higher of the company I normally use.

And the Guaranteed issue prices are 100% higher than AIG and New Era.
IMO you should tweak your comparison a bit. You are correct about a few things.
First, their GI definitely not great, there are way better options.
Secondly, when comparing level to level, they are expensive. As @jdeasy said, you should not use them for healthy people.

The comparison really becomes CICA level vs other companies graded/modified/decline/GI for lots and lots of ailments.

Here's a rough example of a bunch of ailments that would be level with CICA vs a few other companies.

There are lots of scenarios where they could potentially be useful.

Attachments

• CICA.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 8
Back