Hello from South Jersey

I am in mortgages right now and have been the last 7 years. I'm a former #1 mortgage broker and I have seen my income decrease by about 60% from it's high of $180. I'm frustrated with the business and it has become over regulated. I've recently received an offer from Merrill Lynch and have a November 1st start date; however, I am second guessing my decision. I don't think I want to do hand holding every time the market goes down 100 points. I'm aware every sales job has it's obstacles, but I am thinking I should have checked into insurance sales. I'm 43 and feel like I am a 22yo coming out of college trying to decide my career path. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

I am in mortgages right now and have been the last 7 years. I'm a former #1 mortgage broker and I have seen my income decrease by about 60% from it's high of $180. I'm frustrated with the business and it has become over regulated. I've recently received an offer from Merrill Lynch and have a November 1st start date; however, I am second guessing my decision. I don't think I want to do hand holding every time the market goes down 100 points. I'm aware every sales job has it's obstacles, but I am thinking I should have checked into insurance sales. I'm 43 and feel like I am a 22yo coming out of college trying to decide my career path. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Welcome and good luck, I know what you mean. I was a career changer at age 38 and I started by own business at age 40 with no money to speak of and three teenagers at home. It was as scary as anything I have ever done. Here is the good news: you can do it!

Their is money to be made at Merrill Lynch but their is a burn out factor. Insurance will give you more of a long term career.

You can stop helping him. He already said he's staying in mortgages and won't be considering insurance.

In another thread he insulted all of us that sell insurance.

Some people are not deserving of our time. He's a perfect example.

Rick

Back