Horace Mann Fixed Annuity

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
Does Horace Mann still offer a fixed annuity, there website only lists what looks like a VA...I have a client that invested in a VA with them some time ago and the agent told him they moved it into a fixed paying 4% currently...We went through all his files and couldn't find a policy or a recent statement.

I know I screwed up by letting him call the company to get info but since he was so far away I wanted any required paperwork and info ahead of time..I provided him the Home Office number but he called the agents number and instead of a surrender form and info on the account we got a letter from the agent spouting different interest rates etc...We got bogged down with some of their other investments and I never got around to calling the Home Office while I was there...Anyone have any recent info on Horace Mann.

Peter, if he's near me let me know and I'll go see him in person!!!!

Why would I send you to see my client....When we met we could not find a current statement, The only statements where from a year ago and it was a VA...The letter from the agent said it was fixed...unfortunatly it ws too late to call in...

Yes, my mom has one. I got her out of the market years ago. I think it pays 4.5% but I'm not for sure.

Yes, my mom has one. I got her out of the market years ago. I think it pays 4.5% but I'm not for sure.

I know they had one and if you put her in it years ago, I could see the 4.5%...but what I ran into was a lack of statements and only a letter from the Agent that they were guaranteed 4%...Now I knew the money was in a VA the year before so things seemed fishy to me.

Back