How can I get appointed with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield?

south_oc_sales

Does anyone know the process to get appointed to sell Medicare Advantage with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in CA? Any links or other contact info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does anyone know the process to get appointed to sell Medicare Advantage with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in CA? Any links or other contact info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You need to contact both carriers, although Blue Shield only offers a half-assed Part C HMO plan available in a few counties in southern California. No PPO, No FFS nothing else for part C. Anthem Cross offers the full range.

If you are a domestic agent, contact the carriers and get the name of your local Regional Sales Manager. They likely have to certify you to sell the products. If you are not a CA domestic agent, contact each carrier and find out how and if you can get non-resident contract to sell (they may not allow this, they may, I have no idea).

Anthem Blue Cross - 800-678-4466

Blue Shield of California - 800-559-5905

Last edited:
Would like to get appointed in FL with Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Can anyone give me the name of who to contact, phone number, address and/or email? Thanks in advance for your assistance. You can respond directly to [email protected].

Re: How can I get appointed with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shiel

Would like to get appointed in FL with Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Can anyone give me the name of who to contact, phone number, address and/or email? Thanks in advance for your assistance. You can respond directly to [email protected].

I wanted to get appointed with BCBS in Fl until I found out their demands. They want $186 to get appt. with and you HAVE to bring up BCBS first in any appt and any phone call. They have shoppers who will call and set up appts to see if you don't follow their rules...To top it off, BCBS med supps are about 30-40% higher than AARP.

Back