How to deal with prospects ghosting you after a quote?

I'm running into this problem where people will let me run a quote for them

That is the problem. Do they actually want a quote? Or are they just letting you quote because they think they are being nice?

Ask some qualifying questions. For instance, ask them what they would be interested in seeing in a quote that would make them want to move? Do they really want to move?

Furthermore, if you are going after commercial, you may do well going out and walking into businesses. Before I had my network set up, and really figured out referrals, canvasing was a big winner for me with commercial.

Selling on price is for amateurs. Customer see you as a commodity. Try building rapport and educating client. Add value and give people a reason to want to work with you.

This 100%.

Agents are a commodity. I remember a client saying "There are a hundred other agents that can write my business." That was true.

If there is no value to what you offer OR, the client/prospect does not perceive a value, you've already lost because there truly are a hundred agents out there that can write their business. Even worse is the fact that there are 50 other websites that will write them coverage in minutes (whether it's right or not is another story).

Don't expect that because you quote someone that was a warm lead, you will write the business. Greater chance you won't, for most agents. Instead, talk to them, understand what's important to them, gather information about their hobbies, etc so you have something to discuss with them besides "Are you going to buy my quote?" A better email is, "Hey did you see that new lure?" if they are a sports-fisherman.

If all you talk about is insurance, that's all they see you as, a salesperson out to take their money.

Back