INSIDER: Inside the tawdry, drug-fueled, violent world of America's top life insurance salesmen

Some of this stuff was common when I started at a big Mutual.

I was fresh out of construction, about 10 years out of the Navy. It was wild. Not near as bad as this story, but wild.

I’m not saying I don’t believe the surface reason for the story. But there has been a steady drumbeat for some time to get the insurance business under federal regulation.

It’s not uncommon at all for a story from a left leaning source to push that agenda when reporting on insurance matters. Look how this admittedly horrible story about a relatively small player is made to sound as though they’re an example of the rule, not the exception.

Even the title paints with a very broad brush: “…world of America’s top life insurance salesmen”. Yet you and I both know better. Seriously, how many top agents do you know that would behave in this manner? I don’t know a single one. The slimy characters usually burn brightly with big numbers for a while, but they don’t last.

Based on interactions I’ve had at all levels of this business, from little debit companies to powerhouse financial institutions, I can say confidently that this kind of behavior is generally not tolerated. I’ll admit, some companies and/or agencies seem to attract more than their share of bad actors. But again, these are the exception, not the rule.

My opinion of this article isn’t based on my conservative views, other than the fact that the donkeys are generally in favor of more regulation, while elephants are generally in favor of less. It’s just a reality that there’s a push in certain circles, especially those who love the nanny state, to federalize regulation of the insurance business.

But otherwise, if the sexual side of this story is true, I hope some jail time is in their future! I’m with you on that part. If a manager treated my daughter any where close to that….:mad:

I think you are not seeing it clearly. We all have seen people drunk on power & arrogance thinking they can do anything they want. Trump, Clinton, Alec Baldwin, Weinstein, Cosby, Rock stars, rappers, professional athletes, national pastors, TV evangelist & many, many top sales people wined & dined & catered to in our industry & many more.

Many of the most notable elites in sales, politics, entertainment, sports continue way past the point of doing enough to be comfortable. They get drunk on either power, narcissism, money or all the above to the point they keep going out of greed & go way past the point of ethics, morality, etc. Definitely not true for all, but for sure a common theme for those that continue to national levels of "greatness" or "notoriety". They no longer even see the people they are harming

Last edited:
I think you are not seeing it clearly. We all have seen people drunk on power & arrogance thinking they can do anything they want. Trump, Clinton, Alec Baldwin, Weinstein, Cosby, Rock stars, rappers, professional athletes, national pastors, TV evangelist & many, many top sales people wined & dined & catered to in our industry & many more.

Many of the most notable elites in sales, politics, entertainment, sports continue way past the point of doing enough to be comfortable. They get drunk on either power, narcissism, money or all the above to the point they keep going out of greed & go way past the point of ethics, morality, etc. Definitely not true for all, but for sure a common theme for those that continue to national levels of "greatness" or "notoriety". They no longer even see the people they are harming
I’m really not debating any of that. I just meant to point out that there might be a hidden agenda on the part of the writer.

That’s all. Thanks for playing, guys!

Back