Insurance Department Investigation - Origin of a Lead?

I would call the complaintant. Tell him you are investigating the complaint. call him at work. In fact i would call his company manager, tell the manager you are investigating a compliant to the DOI. by the complaintant. Make sure you ask the manager, who is his manager, and so on.... to CC,your investigation. And of course CC, his compliance dept. (CC means carbin copy, for you youngsters), Fight fire with fire. His little funny, will back fire on him... When his company finds out he is part of an insurance investigation, it will generate reports from his company, To cover your ass reports. making everyone unhappy.

I would call the complaintant. Tell him you are investigating the complaint. call him at work. In fact i would call his company manager, tell the manager you are investigating a compliant to the DOI. by the complaintant. Make sure you ask the manager, who is his manager, and so on.... to CC,your investigation. And of course CC, his compliance dept. (CC means carbin copy, for you youngsters), Fight fire with fire. His little funny, will back fire on him... When his company finds out he is part of an insurance investigation, it will generate reports from his company, To cover your ass reports. making everyone unhappy.

Good idea! I was going to recommend to sleep with the guys wife (presuming she's attractive), but this is alot better of an idea

Again, I wouldn't worry. Every complaint has to be forwarded. Mega Life filed a rather long and nasty complaint on me in 2004 specifically asking the commissioner to remove my license.

I was posting my experience with them on a forum and they cited like 10 frick'n DOI regulations that supposedly I violated.

I freaked when I got the letter. I figured my rather short insurance career was over.

But I responded to it and never heard from anyone again.

If he called you from his office phone to get the quote. He just brought his company into the fray. Let the games begin.

My one and only complaint was from a man who said I sold him a 10 year fixed annuity when he wanted a 5 year. The funny thing was that his annuity was the 5 year. I still had to answer the complaint even though the insurance company showed it was a 5 year.

That Guy is a Tool! I would be very tempted to give him some payback as others have mentioned.

My only DOI complaint was from an elderly lady who thought her premium was too high! I had to jump through the hoops and answer the complaint even though I had no control over the rates.

I know you can get enough information from public records to do a home quote, but is there any lead sources that provide cars and current carriers? I think back in the early 2000's we could get that info from State Wide Data???

Back