Insurance Exchange Deal Signed with Web Insurer Sites

Liz

Guru
100+ Post Club
The federal government has signed five landmark deals that set the stage for major Web insurance markeplaces to enroll potentially millions of people in Obamacare. Those deals could boost enrollment in those marketplaces and help keep premium costs low by drawing customers who land at the sites of eHealthInsurance.com, GetInsured.com and others through Google searches, among other avenues.

Insurance exchange deal signed with Web insurer sites

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yippie! Agents and Brokers are now allowed to contract with E-health, Quotit, Novax, et.al. to use their sites for selling Exchange health plans.

Story: Feds let agents use Web broker systems | BenefitsPro

I though that this was a given. But apparently, unless HHS specifically says that Brokers can do something, we must assume that we can not?
ac

I'll bet that this is the reason why they are waiting on part 2 of the agent certification. How can you certify an agent to sell something that they are not legally allowed to sell yet?

Allen, you get the prize for finding an old thread, and using that to post current data, rather than starting a new one. August of 2013?

Allen, you get the prize for finding an old thread, and using that to post current data, rather than starting a new one. August of 2013?

Ann, it's because I have a simple mind. If there's a dormant thread discussing web brokers, it's simpler for me to add to it, rather than starting a new one. Plus, for research reasons, and for quick reference, this simple mind likes having all posts related to (name your subject) in the same thread.

For instance, here's information on a fast growing Web Broker named Stride Health. It masquarades as an online advisor, but (in Illinois) the advice given by the Stride Health quoting/advisor website is inaccurate, and potentially dangerous for the consumer.

Info: Stride Health Raises $13M To Be The HR Platform For Freelancers | TechCrunch

Does anyone care to visit www.StrideHealth.com , run a quote, and see how many CMS violations you can find? It looks like the people who designed this "service" flunked all their Marketplace Certification exams.
ac

Back