Insurance Underwriter Question

My guess would be that it depends upon the company.

I was doing some research and I ended up talking to an underwriter at Travlers and they were like are you an agent? I was like no. And they were like we can't talk to you only agents and they hung up on me.

I was doing some research and I ended up talking to an underwriter at Travlers and they were like are you an agent? I was like no. And they were like we can't talk to you only agents and they hung up on me.

Well at least they talked to you for a minute... Why are you calling underwriters at companies that you don't work for? Do you have some sort of sick fetish with them? ;)

I can see an underwriter not talking to a client having to explain his rating on a policy. Maybe this guy just didn't have time to waste if you were not connected to Travelers.

Last edited:
Actuary's are not allowed to speak, except to God.

Underwriters are allowed to talk. Insomniacs have them on speed dial.

I would be pissed if an UW was talking to one of my clients, thats MY job,

I want to know what is going on.

And They cant speak coverages to a client if they arent licensed.

What would the difference of a unlicensed CSR talking coverages and an UW talking coverages.

WHats the point of getting licensed?

Back