Introductory Letter

Judyinfinity

What did you folks say in your introductory letters to let your friends, acquaintances, and new prospects know about the scope of your services.
I will begin with AIG first week of December and I want to get the word out in a professional manner that will let folks know how I can serve them.
As always thank you for your input.
Judy

I see no real value in introductory letters, but I'm sure some do. Now doing B2B I'll include one in my initial dump that I do while doing a combo of calling and walking. I really don't think anyone reads them.

I was thinking mainly of those people I knew in a previous life....(I've changed careers)
Any value, or should I phone or visit all those people?

I just recenetly started in health at a small long standing agency (their previous health agent started the agency and he died a year ago) and they decided to do a letter to intro me but they also intro-ed two other new services they provided. I sent out a bunch of letters but no replies from their existing clients, so instead early last week I sent out targeted letters with my services and I think I'll do better. I think when your new and starting out it's all about you!

I wouldn't even waste the postage. Instead, make a list and give everyone a call. Ask them for help and don't expect them to buy. If want to talk about their situation, great, if not, the real value is in introductions to their friends and family. Keep it non-threatening, ask if you can follow-up in a year.

Just a suggestion...

I used to work for a large branded company and one thing they pushed was being personal in your tactics. A great way to do that is sending out a simple 3x5 or 4x6 postcard. It will accomplish two things: personability (hand written) and being read. A postcard allows the client/prospect to view what you have sent quickly (the flick of the wrist viewing) and it's light enough to "post of the fridge" for retention. A simple design with company name/info on the 'front' and hand write short sweet message and address on back.
I just moved from the branded insurance company and brought my personal address book to work and sent out my postcards. Simple message of "I wanted to let you know I moved to an new insurance agency. If you have any insurance questions or concerns give me call." I'm sure since your actually making a career change yours will need a bit more...keep it short and sweet.

Again, just a suggestion...

J. Marty M.

P.S. Postcard postage is cheaper too...also if you decide to go with a letter and envelop be sure to add "personability" by hand writting the address on the envelop (instead of labels) or a personal message/note inside the letter.

Back