It is a Sad Day when Compliance...

False alarm...

Still a sad day that I thought that instead of being Thankfull...

Emailed a contact I had at that company asking about the person that sent the email, commented on "it smells of secret shopper"...

"She works for me, I told her to give that to you... "

OH! Sorry, and thanks.

Now I feel a bit better about it and will take it.

So I was either secret shopped or simply out hustled. Regardless this year I have only dealt with current clients that need changes or referrals from those clients. CMS has put a bulls eye on our backs and the companies are helping pull the trigger.

Well said! These crazy rules and regulations have beaten the honest agent down for the past 5 months. And it has been driven by the Star Ratings and carrier desires to squeeze the independent agent out. Just before the AEP carries told their stock holders that they expected an 11% increase in sales this AEP. The so called experts were way off. Well it looks like the chickens have come home to roost. Now they can no longer blame us – though they will!

I can’t wait for this year’s AEP to end! It’s not worth risking my MedSupp biz nor my profession on these crazy CMS rules and regulations. Plus, carriers will readily throw us under the bus. CMS caters to their every need and the sad thing is we are seeing it creep into the Medicare Supplements -- i.e. AARP’s new contact rules slipped into a link off one of their numerous AEP “compliance newsletter”.

In the end, the consumer losses due to all this CMS carrier driven crap! :goofy:

Last year I got duped into taking a Humana Walmart position (for 2 weeks before I told them to shove it) during AEP I recieved 4 calls to the number I listed with Humana, this number was not given out anywhere else and all the calls were from 50+ miles from me and all wanted to see me in person right away.

All I could think about during the call was the line even if you know its a secret shopper you can not refuse to meet with them....I told all four that unfortunatly I limit my practice to certain geographical area....Its crazy the way MA and Part D plans are regulated (I would never travel far for a possible $25 commission in that market). Its funny I would travel that far all the time for other markets because I know I can cross sell and its worth it....But to have to deal with CMS bullcrap its not.

Back