Kidney Stage 3

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Have a client with stage 3 kidney no treatments no meds doing well but stage 3 Mutual only take stage 1 or 2

Does anyone consider stage 3 doing well?

Probably only company might be a Blue Cross. HCS family of Blue Crosses wiil take thru stage 4. Not sure what Blue you have.

Millwood said:

Probably only company might be a Blue Cross. HCS family of Blue Crosses wiil take thru stage 4. Not sure what Blue you have.

Taken from a FB Medicare group:

BCBS in NC has their "Blue to Blue - Freedom to Choose" provision (likely in other states too, but not all), where their customers may move from any med sup to any other med supp (up/down....HDG included) during the May 1st-May 30th window each year, guaranteed issue.

The January window is simply MAPD OEP; so if they have a BCBS MAPD plan, they can move to a BCBS Med Supp of their choice during the Jan 1st-March 31st OEP window, guaranteed issue.

This is a strong provision. For someone that is healthy, start them with a $0/month MAPD, knowing that if needed, they can always move to a Med Supp during OEP, guaranteed issue. If they want to start with an HDG out of the gate (it's competitive at $38/month), they can move to a G during the May window each year.

Millwood said:

Taken from a FB Medicare group:

BCBS in NC has their "Blue to Blue - Freedom to Choose" provision (likely in other states too, but not all), where their customers may move from any med sup to any other med supp (up/down....HDG included) during the May 1st-May 30th window each year, guaranteed issue.

The January window is simply MAPD OEP; so if they have a BCBS MAPD plan, they can move to a BCBS Med Supp of their choice during the Jan 1st-March 31st OEP window, guaranteed issue.

This is a strong provision. For someone that is healthy, start them with a $0/month MAPD, knowing that if needed, they can always move to a Med Supp during OEP, guaranteed issue. If they want to start with an HDG out of the gate (it's competitive at $38/month), they can move to a G during the May window each year.

I wonder if NC Blue contracts with Agents I dont have them listed with any of m y FMO's

MY FATHER HAS STAGE 4 KINDNEY FAILURE AND I CANT GET HIM TO DIALYSIS

Why? Is it because of Covid

I am asking because something happened with my mo0ther in law she moved in with me and my wife just before covid, went to the doc about 3 months ago and saw on chart stage 3 kidney disease

She asked the doctor about it and was told she was diagnosed 4 years ago in FL

She had no idea about it though

Since then has slipped to stage 5 in the last few weeks and she was thinking about going to NY for treatment

Back