Looking for SPIA with link to CPI?

MAnnuity

Expert
Just like the title states. There seem to be plenty that offer the ability to select a certain percentage increase - but I am having difficulty locating any that still offer payouts that index to the CPI/CPI-U.

Much appreciated.

Just like the title states. There seem to be plenty that offer the ability to select a certain percentage increase - but I am having difficulty locating any that still offer payouts that index to the CPI/CPI-U.

Much appreciated.
Off the top of my head, I don't know any.

I'm guessing that it's a giant PITA to administer and make actuarily sound, at least currently.

Much appreciated.
unlikely to find many offerings today. Actuaries likely cant price such a currently volatile element like CPI without a huge discount currently. Even if they could, likely wouldnt make it attractive to client/agent, meaning no sales & wasted resources & product design. Last I knew, Thrivent offered one. Not sure if it is for sale to new money or just an offering from their internal contracts as death claim settlements, etc

I have seen some LTC policies with inflation riders linked to Medical CPI. not sure if those are still sold alot or not.

Good question though & would be nice design feature in SPIA, lifetime income riders, LTC benefits

Attachments

• CPI.JPG
    CPI.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 2
Just make sure your clients are Christian and that they're cool with a fraternal.
Yeah, I dont know much about them, but last I knew they were now offered on platforms like Schwab & Fidelity & TD Ameritrade. When I was in my Fidelity app looking at fixed products a year or 2 ago, I saw the Thrivent SPIA with CPI offering.

Was surprised how many carriers are on the fidelity platform, even for MYGA. Like W&S, Mass, USAA, Guardian, New York Life, etc

Last edited:
Back