Looking to get back into the business

foggybadger

Hello all!

I found this forum while researching the logistics of opening an Indy agency and have learned quite a bit already from the fine folks here. I am a licensed property, casualty, and life agent in KY and haven’t worked in insurance for almost a year and a half now due to a noncompete.

I’m looking to start an agency, preferably through a cluster/aggregator, once the time comes but I’m at a loss for where to begin. As many have said, the P&C market isn’t the best right now and I’ve pondered focusing on the life side of things to start out.

Any guidance towards good first steps to take, solid clusters to explore, logistics of the business itself, or anything else you might tell your younger self if you were starting out again would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Welcome aboard. All I can say is that you're a brave soul. What have you been doing for the past year and a half?

I appreciate it lol, I’m in retail cellular sales for the time being. The commission is good and it’s been a solid gig to fill the gap, but it’s not what I want to be doing long term.

Back