LTC Appointment

previously posted by Mr_Ed

CRAP!!!!
I should have told her about The Model Act and surely she would have purchased a policy............:D:twitchy:

----------

Regarding sending something in the mail........

For Jack & Mrs_Ed, I understand why there is no need to mail their clients anything prior to taking an app.

They both have established websites and I would guess that all (or most) of the apps taken are filled out over the phone and then mailed for signatures. Their propects have already done the research & their due diligence, most likely from their own resources and/or Jack & Mrs_Ed's websites. They are both dealing with educated consumers. These people know what LTCi is all about and at this point their only remaining piece to the puzzle is "which carrier & how much"?

I, on the other hand do not have a website and most of the business that I do is a result of direct mail. My mail piece is sent to people who in most cases, are not educated about LTCi. My card says that if they want information, they should send in the card and they will receive information in the mail.

My goal is to educate them, nothing more and nothing less. Once educated, if they still have interest and have a desire to see what's available to them, then I go for the f2f appointment.

I live in Westchester County, NY and the zips that I mail to are in Westchester County, usually within 20-30 minutes of my front door. Of course for referrals, I'll go anywhere.

So, Jack & Mrs_Ed have a unique way of doing business and are obvioulsy very successful at it. If I had started a LTCi website 20 years ago when I first started in the business, I might be handling my business as they do.

Two different ways of doing business: Internet & Direct Mail and both are valid.

There's also a 3rd way of doing business and that's networking with financial planners, health insurance & P&C agents, CPAs, attorneys, etc.

I'm sure there are other ways to do LTC business as well. Whatever works for you, stick with it.........

Great post.

When I do F2F appointments, I absolutely mail comprehensive information.

Why would anyone not mail information prior to a F2F meeting?

Otherwise, the first meeting really is a complete inefficient waste of time.

----------

Most of the time they don't read what you send, or tell you they have not had a chance to read it.

Very true. It is easy to fall into the trap of mailing information, and then continually chasing the appointment only to be told "I have not looked at it, call me back in 2 weeks." So, you chase. And the consumer leads you on. Eventually, you may get am appointment, only to finish a meeting and have the consumer say "let me think about it." It is a tough and emotionally draining process to generate productive business.

It is better, of course, to have consumers call you and chase you.

----------

Most of the time they don't read what you send, or tell you they have not had a chance to read it.

Very true. It is easy to fall into the trap of mailing information, and then continually chasing the appointment only to be told "I have not looked at it, call me back in 2 weeks." So, you chase. And the consumer leads you on. Eventually, you may get an appointment, only to finish a meeting and have the consumer say "let me think about it." It is a tough and emotionally draining process to generate productive business.

It is better, of course, to have consumers call you and chase you.

Last edited:
Back