MAPD to MEDSUP

wolf5150

Expert
I have a client that wishes to drop his MAPD plan in favor of a MEDSUP plan, this will the first time I'll be assisting in this transition. It's usually the other way around. Am I correct in thinking that, regardless of carrier, the client will be subject to underwriting/health questions on the application due to his voluntary election to enroll in the MEDSUP plan? And enrolling into his choice of PDP plan will automatically disenroll him from his current MAPD plan? TIA!

I have a client that wishes to drop his MAPD plan in favor of a MEDSUP plan, this will the first time I'll be assisting in this transition. It's usually the other way around. Am I correct in thinking that, regardless of carrier, the client will be subject to underwriting/health questions on the application due to his voluntary election to enroll in the MEDSUP plan? And enrolling into his choice of PDP plan will automatically disenroll him from his current MAPD plan? TIA!
He has 12 months after his IEP to move to a sup. After that it's full underwriting.

And yes on the PDP.

He has 12 months after his IEP to move to a sup
Not necessarily. If he chose a supp at age 65 IEP and then switched to an MAPD at age 70 to get all those free goodies and then realized within 12 months that he preferred the solid health coverage he left behind, he has GI to go back to supp.

I know you know that and simply mis-worded your response, Senor Haire.

Not necessarily. If he chose a supp at age 65 IEP and then switched to an MAPD at age 70 to get all those free goodies and then realized within 12 months that he preferred the solid health coverage he left behind, he has GI to go back to supp.

I know you know that and simply mis-worded your response, Senor Haire.
You're absolutely correct Stud Puppy. But it's Saturday morning and time for football.

I'm not going to think that hard.

Back