Med Supp and Advantage News

dandan

Guru
100+ Post Club
Check out world news with Charles Gibson tonight, they are going to talk about insurance agents that rip-off seniors.

If you think Med Advantage is your future you are kidding yourself. With all the negativity flying about agents they will have no choice but to take it out of our hands.

If you think Med Advantage is your future you are kidding yourself. With all the negativity flying about agents they will have no choice but to take it out of our hands.
Carriers need a distribution channel and frankly it's the "hire them for 3 month" capitive agents that are more of an issue. And it's really PFFS that has caused the bulk of the problems.

I think PFFS will go one of two ways. Either it disappears or the feds make it mandatory that providers accept them.

HMO plans have been here since 1985 and are likely to stay. PPO plans have been available forever for commercial clients so I don't see why those plans would go away.

Rick

How those new stories effect sales (that I have seen)

Good Morning America did a story a few weeks back about some woman on a local HMO plan in NY (owned by United Healthcare) who was refused hospital treatment. She got worse and then her HMO decided to help her.

Anyway, I had two appointments that saw that bit and questioned the plan (I was offering a local PPO). Sold them both. They had some resistance, but over all it was no big deal.

My point, news stories last approx 24 hours until they are either forgotten or the details become blurred, which lessens the effectiveness of the story.

Gotta love Good Morning America talking about these "new" Medicare Advantage plans. If "new" is over 10 years old then I should get a lot more for my 8 year old car! WHOO HOO

Back