Medicare.gov showing plans not in service area

ValeRosso

Guru
Anyone else notice this? A client told me he did some research and wanted a certain healthcare plan, had everything all figured out. Never even heard of this plan before (Jefferson) and yet it was coming in at the absolute cheapest for him ad his drugs (like $3k a year below all else) yet I couldn’t find one single provider within 50 mile radius of his zip code for the plan he wanted, and which showed on Medicare.gov with his correct zip code.

Ive had issues with their drug pricing before, but nothing like this until now.

ValeRosso said:

Never even heard of this plan before (Jefferson) and yet it was coming in at the absolute cheapest for him ad his drugs (like $3k a year below all else) yet I couldn’t find one single provider within 50 mile radius of his zip code for the plan he wanted, and which showed on Medicare.gov with his correct zip code.

Are you referring to Jefferson Health Plans in the Philly area? Jefferson used to own Health Partners Plans with Temple Hospital and Einstein. Jeff bought Einstein's health system and bought out Temple's share of HPP.

Their $0 premium Complete plan is the #1 MAPD plan in Southeastern PA and the Lehigh/Capitol region, and the $0 premium Silver plan is the #1 MAPD plan in Southern NJ on Medicare.gov's Plan Finder.

Plus, if your client takes Trulicity, Jardiance, or Januvia, Jefferson Health Plans makes up the top 5 in the Philadelphia and Lehigh/Capital regions and top 2 in Southern NJ due to the huge savings of $0 through the gap.

ValeRosso said:

Never even heard of this plan before (Jefferson) and yet it was coming in at the absolute cheapest for him ad his drugs (like $3k a year below all else) yet I couldn’t find one single provider within 50 mile radius of his zip code for the plan he wanted, and which showed on Medicare.gov with his correct zip code.

Are you referring to Jefferson Health Plans in the Philly area? Jefferson used to own Health Partners Plans with Temple Hospital and Einstein. Jeff bought Einstein's health system and bought out Temple's share of HPP.

Their $0 premium Complete plan is the #1 MAPD plan in Southeastern PA and the Lehigh/Capitol region, and the $0 premium Silver plan is the #1 MAPD plan in Southern NJ on Medicare.gov's Plan Finder.

Plus, if your client takes Trulicity, Jardiance, or Januvia, Jefferson Health Plans makes up the top 5 in the Philadelphia and Lehigh/Capital regions and top 2 in Southern NJ due to the huge savings of $0 through the gap.

FYI - Jefferson (formerly Health Partners) is not the #1 MAPD in SE PA. They do have the lowest max out-of-pocket for a SEPA plan in 2024.

Last edited:
mmike 160 said:

FYI - Jefferson (formerly Health Partners) is not the #1 MAPD in SE Plan.

Guess you missed their email from 10/11/23 where I copied it from.

Super po'd at them. They had a big broker kickoff in the summer to talk about partnering with us. Last week an agent forwarded me a letter sent to one of her clients, a patient at JH who is on Medicare. They're partnering with a brokerage based in FL that will be running Medicare sales seminars at JH facilities and in other locations around the city.

Oh, and if the plan isn't a good fit they offer all the carriers JH accepts as well.

Back