Medicare over the phone?

Anybody have a recommendation on where to learn from? I have a tax office that I work from Jan thru April but will have it for the rest of the year and wouldn't mind working the phones.

How will you get prospects? That is usually the biggest challenge no matter what your business model

I am not good at the online stuff as you

If I were starting today I would have had a much harder time getting started

Now I have clients and ref to help add to what else I am doing

If I were starting today I would have had a much harder time getting started

Now I have clients and ref to help add to what else I am doing

Referrals are always the best but we have to start somewhere.

Learning how and where to prospect does not come naturally for most folks. I think it is easier to prospect B2B business leads . . . not so much for B2C personal lines.

The guy who taught me how to sell major med by phone introduced me to purchased internet leads. That was 20 years ago when you could get decent leads for $4 to $5.

The biggest challenge I had at that time was quoting plans and then taking the app over dial up. If the phone rang or someone picked up the extension it was game over. I eventually got a 2nd line and things got better.

Most leads now really suck and are a lot more expensive. I got tired of paying for leads, got some help building a website, picked up a quote engine and then started learning how to write content that would attract prospects.

It takes time and not everyone wants to do it but it gets easier as you go, especially if you enjoy it.

@Travis Price has really applied himself and learned how to build a stream of prospects.

You have multiple state license. I dropped all that and just focused on MI. That made life easier for me.

There's a guy that's spending a whole mess of money on billboards in my old town now, and if he's doing that he's probably doing mail drops too...

You don't even need to be super proficient at online stuff. I don't have a massive amount of content on my site, but the stuff I have is the best I think I can make it.

It's really easy... when you think about it. It's about answering questions that people ask.you just want to target smaller areas, instead of trying to go broad and capture everyone.

Local SEO is prong 2 for me. That's died out a little recently because my farm is in the middle of nowhere, but I do get calls still.

Prong three is a DM schedule. I used to do it all myself, but after running the numbers, it was cheaper when I lived in town, but now with the 40m one way drive to the PO drop-off center, I just started working with T65Inbound and went to (once it ramps up) 3k in mail drop per month.

I was working a VERY part time schedule until the move in December (which slowed me down a bit) because I tore up my knee and had to have surgery last month.

I have 5 working days left in my state job... which eats up a lot of my work time and brain strength.

I'm lucky to have a decent amount of money saved and a small book.

I also do some contract writing when I'm not busy for fintech startups that pays nice and also do some big insurance site writing that pays 250$ an hour while I continue to field inbound calls.

I love insurance and financial services and don't want to be stuck in 1 thing. So my insurance business is a section of my overall income.

It's about answering questions that people ask.

Most of my YT video ideas come from phone conversations with prospects and clients. They think of things I never would consider, such as . . . "I thought Medicare was free. Never considered I would have to PAY for it when I turned 65"

One of the more common ones is . . . "I don't take any drugs. Why don't I wait until I need drug coverage and enroll then? . . . another variation . . . "I am perfectly healthy, never been in the hospital and never go to the doc. Why should I enroll in Part B now when I will never use it?"

Uh, because no one PLANS on being sick or injured in an accident . . .

Back