Millions of Sites Down with Godaddy

god i am in deep trouble lol everything i use is godaddy! i knew i shoulda went with something better, i had to be cheap.

i was wondering why i had no replies today. i used to get 20-30 emails from underwriters and suddenly nothing.

didn't help that my phone service went down at the same time -.-
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i hope all the messages will just be stuck and will come in soon. i got some time sensitive material coming

Last edited:
There must be something to that. It seems that hating Godaddy has become the national pastime.

They specifically supported a particular bad piece of legislation (SOPA). The internet as we know it would have been dead forever. They lost millions of dollars of business and appropriately so. I think this attack comes at the expensive of businesses and I don't think that's right, but in many eyes godaddy has made some terrible decisions which warrants extreme action.

I'd stick to providers that don't have the same misguided views.

Lost in all this is that GoDaddy is simply not a good service. Clunky and overpriced. Josh introduced me to hostgator and ExpertSRS for hosting and domains, both much better choices. Oh and they don't try to sneak in upsells all the time which I find annoying.

I actually just finished doing two sites for a few friends of mine that have service businesses here in Phoenix and we completed the switch from GD last week. Perfect timing, they actually emailed me to thank me from getting them away.

Josh,
In a few months, go-daddy will be over the SOPA thing. During the NFL playoff season, they just need to dress Danica Patrick down a little skimpier for their commercials. That will more than over-compensate the losses they suffered. :D

Josh,
In a few months, go-daddy will be over the SOPA thing. During the NFL playoff season, they just need to dress Danica Patrick down a little skimpier for their commercials. That will more than over-compensate the losses they suffered. :D

Put me down right now for hoping you're right.

That being said, SOPA was a "while ago" and apparently it wasn't over for at least some folks. They took a HUGE hit when it happened and with this they're taking an even bigger hit.

(My hostgator affiliate link: Website Hosting )

The only thing I use godaddy for is domain auctions and that's only because there isn't another option. Other than that, I really have no use for them.

Back