Need an advice on Progressive Appointment

Hi ,
I have worked with various insurance agencies before and had an opportunity to write directly through Progressive . Now I have my own agency. They didn't decline me for the book of business reasons, they had declined me for the reason that my business is less than 2 years old which is strange since they just appointed someone I know personally who had opened up their business in January 2021
I do both commercial and personal lines of insurance for various products. For truckers, I am mostly getting new ventures or owner operated which Progressive can do with liability and physical damage . I can't find any program for NYC

That seems to be the way to go . Progressive wants to see some PL on the books . I have been avoiding the PL but i might need to hire someone to do just that if I want an appointment.
Thank you AdvisorsIns for shedding some light on the subject !

Progressive is decent in Wisconsin on personal lines. You could probably write more than you think. I like the recommendation on doing this to get your foot in the door.

Hi all,
I called the progressive field manager again and had a convesation with her . She gave me an ok and now opening me up for the commercial sales section only . As for the personal lines, she had mentioned that they are not opening it for new ventures .I guess for me it's alright since I do more commercial stuff vs the personal lines .

Back