Need guidelines on Hipaa

Hello everyone,
I work under a fairly new company in Florida, and I do medicare advantage enrollments. Recently, someone from the company asked that agents submit tracking information for all applications we write. The information seemed a bit excessive, and I wanted to know if anybody knows what the real guidelines of "keeping" client info for insurance agents. What is the info that we can exchange amongst us? I'm thinking name, date of birth, maybe last 4 digits of ss# and enrollment date, and maybe that's about it? Not sure... anybody knows? I will need to send a report via email in a excel sheet, with password protection...

If anybody has a specific link, please let me know.
Thanks.

I'm talking abou all the information we get from the app enrollment. This is being asked by a manager for me to submit to him via email. I'm talking about social, address, name, dob, medicare #, medicaid #, Everything off of that app to be tracked down. So far, I have not complied... What can I submit/ Should I submit to this manager to show enrollments at the end of the month? Names only ok? All the above with security code in the excel sheet?

Thanks

Back