Need Help! as a Independent Mobile Phlebotomist and Para Medical Examiner

BonitaKita

Hello,
I'm looking to start up my own business as a Mobile Phlebotomist I have been in the medical field for over 10 years and I have done Medical exams for several years now and I absolutely love it. I'm having a hard time finding out what it is I need to network and contract with agents. I could use some advise to help guide me on this endeavor. Any suggestions I live in San Antonio Tx I have all the equipment Needed to do the exams and resources for supplies.

Are you becoming a paramed person who takes people's vitals and weight to verify if they qualify for life insurance?
If so, you can't contact the agents to get this appointment. You have to talk to the carriers that service each state. They work with a larger corporation that is nation wide that does pre life insurance paramed exams. If you are wanting to be the go to company instead of them, you would need to get a face to face meeting with those insurance companies to provide them with a proposal and the fees your going to charge and if you draw blood, where you will dispose of the hazmat. You also have to have a hazmat for medical personnel license in the state your going to open the business in. You will need to provide this to the insurance companies in that proposal.
You might get that appointment, you might not. You may need to work for the companies that service the insurance companies.
But agents do not control the life insurance pre med visit. It's the company that sends that out.

Agents absolutely can have control on who they request - as long as the paramed provider and process is acceptable to the insurance company. I'd prefer to have someone to be loyal to than to just call 1-800-got-exams (I made that up). I can't think of any top producer who doesn't have their own paramed provider - at least in their local market.

I would learn about your local NAIFA association and how you can become a sponsor or vendor. Now, NAIFA has gone through some organizational changes lately. I don't even know how to find local chapters on their newer site, but that's where I'd start for networking with local agents.

The Home of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors

The other thing you can do is promote yourself on life insurance FB social media groups.

Start with the forum own FB group: www.facebook.com/groups/lifeinsurance

Typically groups like these just frown on trying to do recruiting. However, you're not recruiting. You're looking for agents to use you to schedule and perform their paramed exams. Just be ready to talk about which zip codes or parts of the country you'll cover and travel to, and you should get plenty of responses. Also, be ready to know where you WON'T go and whom you'd refer the agent to contact for parameds outside of your service area.

Are you becoming a paramed person who takes people's vitals and weight to verify if they qualify for life insurance?
If so, you can't contact the agents to get this appointment. You have to talk to the carriers that service each state. They work with a larger corporation that is nation wide that does pre life insurance paramed exams. If you are wanting to be the go to company instead of them, you would need to get a face to face meeting with those insurance companies to provide them with a proposal and the fees your going to charge and if you draw blood, where you will dispose of the hazmat. You also have to have a hazmat for medical personnel license in the state your going to open the business in. You will need to provide this to the insurance companies in that proposal.
You might get that appointment, you might not. You may need to work for the companies that service the insurance companies.
But agents do not control the life insurance pre med visit. It's the company that sends that out.

Thanks for replying to my thread, When you stated carriers who do you mean? can you give an example? And when agents or insurance companies need medical exams done who do they turn to?

Since EMSI JUST shut their doors this is a great time to start your own business. Remember you will need some liability insurance as well. I am in S. Oregon & doing the same thing. Also use SBA & SEA program(it's thru your states' unemployment) BEFORE you start your biz, to access beneficial programs for new startups.

When you start your business, don't waste your time promoting it on relatively dead websites. Promoting on social media would be the best choice.
Really more than a year later and your advice is to NOT post on a forum of insurance agents when that is his target market for his services?

Back