Need Some Help Please!

Biomatters

Hello,

I own a Biohazard / crime scene cleanup company in WV. I am trying to effectively market the business. I was a first responder for years and know that this service is needed frequently. I do not know anyone in the insurance business. I am trying to figure out who to speak with to get cleanup jobs. I can clean the blood/body fluids out of vehicles after a wreck. I can clean blood/body fluids from a total that the insurance company is going to sell at auction so they make more during the auction process. I cleanup after a murder, suicide, unattended death, industrial accident, hoarding, gross filth, animal blood....

I have sent out some letters to local agents telling them of my services.

What do you suggest...how can I get the attention of the insurance companies and start working with/for them.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!!!:)

Hello,

I own a Biohazard / crime scene cleanup company in WV. I am trying to effectively market the business. I was a first responder for years and know that this service is needed frequently. I do not know anyone in the insurance business. I am trying to figure out who to speak with to get cleanup jobs. I can clean the blood/body fluids out of vehicles after a wreck. I can clean blood/body fluids from a total that the insurance company is going to sell at auction so they make more during the auction process. I cleanup after a murder, suicide, unattended death, industrial accident, hoarding, gross filth, animal blood....

I have sent out some letters to local agents telling them of my services.

What do you suggest...how can I get the attention of the insurance companies and start working with/for them.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!!!:)

Wow, sounds like a pretty gruesome job....

Really agents aren't going to be the people to talk to with your business. I get salesman from disaster restoration companies and roofing companies stopping by my office weekly dropping off their swag. That's because when someone has a fire, flood, wind damage, etc I can recommend a company to them to handle the restoration of their property.

Your job is a little different. We don't really handle the cleanup of vehicles after a total loss.

You really need to talk to adjusters and folks who work to sell the cars after the accident. The agent has no involvement in that process. Once a car is a total loss our obligation is to get the insured their check and work with them to reach a satisfactory settlement. Nothing to do with getting the car a better price in salvage. That's what the bean counters do.

I would suggest speaking to people in claims offices to find out who is responsible for selling cars to salvage or at auction.
Honestly, I don't think you'll have much luck because I just don't think the insurance company is going to see any return on an investment like this.

Good luck to you.

I would think that building a good relationship with the police departments, sheriff departments, EMTs, and fire departments could generate some business.

Last edited:
Thanks! I appreciate the responses...yes i currently have a good working relationship with first responders in my area. I was just trying to figure out who i needed to speak with to become a preferred vendor or be on the list when the adjuster gets the job be one of the companies they call or hand out a list with my company on it!

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back