New Agent Needs Help!!!

Brianna Ybarra

Hello,

I am working on becoming a new agent and I was wondering after training how I would get access to multiple insurance companies in order to give my clients the best quote for P&C & Life & Health.

Will my training come with that access or programs? I am lost with this part.

the training and license allow you to be employed and write business. Your best bet is to work for an independent or captive agent so you can learn and earn. Not many carriers will appoint someone fresh out of the licensing exam or without a Book of Business to prove they know what they are doing

Hello,

I am working on becoming a new agent and I was wondering after training how I would get access to multiple insurance companies in order to give my clients the best quote for P&C & Life & Health.

If you live by price, you'll die by someone else's selling price.

The insurance industry is not (should not) be a "race to the bottom". If all you have is price, you won't last long.

Let me ask you a question that you never thought you'd need to ask yourself for this business:

Who do you want to be a hero to? (Coincidentally there's a book by the same name written by Dan Sullivan.)

Amazon product ASIN B07WX2GPNN
If you can position yourself as a problem solver, rather than a product peddler, you'll build client relationships who will refer you to more like-minded clients, instead of just transactional customers.

Just something to consider.

Hello,

My thought on your question is to not spread yourself out so thin. Make a decision on which license is going to position you for “real world” learning and growth.

As Fed Up mentioned, your best bet is to find employment with an independent agent/agency or a captive agent. You will learn so much about the business, and how to be successful by the way the office is run, how the agent and/or the other staff conduct themselves.

As far as programs to run quotes/illustrations, it depends on if you work for an independent agent or a captive one. The independent may have access to a program that will allow you to compare various plans and rates. A captive works for one carrier and that one carrier may provide different types of insurances that you could use your P&C and/or your L/H licenses. Choosing which segment of the insurance industry to become the expert in is the ideal. Remember, it’s not the lowest rate will sell. It’s how can your product help your potential client? You want that client to be a repeat client, not just a one-timer. Ideally, you want earn their trust, get their business, retain that client and perhaps upgrade their plan or cross sell a different product, and you want them to tell their friends and family what a great agent they have. That is how you develop your Book of Business organically.

Back