New agent starting out independent

@Markthebroker im not sure why your so aggressive with your opinion. Im not trying to knock your experience nor discredited your advice. You seem very knowledgeable in this field, your market, and your niche. Its just not the advice im looking to pursue because im pursing a different path, nonetheless i appreciate your time and concern sincerely.

I'm not sharing my opinion, just experience. I am familiar with your path, it's been painful to watch people take it over and over again. Recently I've watch two agents fail completely and burn through their savings, two more who are trying to sell me their failed books, and another who has wasted 7 years of her life and basically gotten nowhere.

I guess I'm just sensitive.

The advice that I have given over and over on starting an independent insurance agency is to go work for another agent for 6 months to a year first. But it does not seem that you have that option.

You can succeed, still, but it will not be easy.

That's the problem I don't have that option at this point. If I did I would take it. Nonetheless I'm going to start by doing what I can and if something open up then I will consider but till then I'm going to work on my craft for the time being.

Back