Osteoporosis with Fracture

unic.consulting

Guru
100+ Post Club
HPHS and I went out on Friday and came across a new issue for us. Client slipped and fell on something at a store about 12 months ago. At the time she had only been diagnosed with Osteopenia. The day of our appointment, she received word that her bone density test from a week before had come back with a diagnosis of Osteoporosis. When we called for underwriting, she was asked if she had Osteoporosis with fracture. She said "no, but..." and they declined her even though she did not have osteoporosis at the time of the fracture. Is this something that would happen with all plans or did we just have the worst timing? If we had been there a week earlier, she wouldn't have had an osteoporosis diagnosis at all.

HPHS and I went out on Friday and came across a new issue for us. Client slipped and fell on something at a store about 12 months ago. At the time she had only been diagnosed with Osteopenia. The day of our appointment, she received word that her bone density test from a week before had come back with a diagnosis of Osteoporosis. When we called for underwriting, she was asked if she had Osteoporosis with fracture. She said "no, but..." and they declined her even though she did not have osteoporosis at the time of the fracture. Is this something that would happen with all plans or did we just have the worst timing? If we had been there a week earlier, she wouldn't have had an osteoporosis diagnosis at all.

Was this for a Med Supp? Who turned her down?

I had a lady that had stepped off a high bottom step(it was more of a drop than she expected and she broke her foot. ACI considered it to be Osteoporosis with fracture and declined her. Oxford didn't and approved her. Depends on the company.

Some companies do that even ask about osteoporosis....

Was this for a Med Supp? Who turned her down?

I had a lady that had stepped off a high bottom step(it was more of a drop than she expected and she broke her foot. ACI considered it to be Osteoporosis with fracture and declined her. Oxford didn't and approved her. Depends on the company.

It was a Continental Life Med Supp. Would have saved her $150/year

Back