Owner retained vehicles

I got a 65 Mustang Fastback in 1970. Loved that car and I drove it hard.
Mine was a convertible. 289 HP. Automatic. Knockoff Jag wire wheels. Fully customized by Alexander Brothers of Detroit, MI. Sweet running car untill i got it airborne and used it for a chainsaw in the treetops.

Mine was a convertible. 289 HP. Automatic. Knockoff Jag wire wheels. Fully customized by Alexander Brothers of Detroit, MI. Sweet running car untill i got it airborne and used it for a chainsaw in the treetops.
Same, 289 with an automatic on the floor. The only things I changed, was I had dual exhaust, air shocks and wide tires in the back with mag wheels. I had the engine overhauled once then ran it hard again and traded it in. When I dropped it off at the dealer, I couldn't shut it off...it was putt putt putt barely running. I traded it in on a new Vega hatchback and ran it til the engine blew and traded it in on a 71 Mustang convertible. I was very hard on cars when I was young.

Both of my Mustangs were red. The 65 stayed red for about 6 months, when the paint started coming off in the car wash. They'd given it a quick paint job before they sold it. I had it repainted metal flake brown.

Recently talked to a friend who started with State Farm in 1967 and after 2 years realized he couldn't work under their system and became independent. My friend said that State Farm and Allstate agents are licensed agents but that doesn't mean they know anything about insurance.

Back