PDP plan that doesn't try to flip them to MAPD?

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Other than a company that doesn't have a MAPD in the service area, does this exist anymore? SilverScript used to be the go to for this, but after Aetna bought them, don't they contact those PDP members and try to enroll them in Aetna MAPD the way that Humana and others do?

I know people have to deal with the call centers and other unscrupulous agents but I figure it is a plus if you can at least avoid interference from the home office.

You need to find a PDP carrier that doesn't write MA plans.

There have been a few in the past, but I don't know of any at this time.

If you are going to write Medigap + PDP you need to constantly remind them that they will be hounded by the carrier that writes their PDP.

Other than a company that doesn't have a MAPD in the service area, does this exist anymore? SilverScript used to be the go to for this, but after Aetna bought them, don't they contact those PDP members and try to enroll them in Aetna MAPD the way that Humana and others do?

I know people have to deal with the call centers and other unscrupulous agents but I figure it is a plus if you can at least avoid interference from the home office.
Be a well-rounded agent and show them all their options so they have already been presented an MAPD and they chose the Med Sup and PDP with you. Also remind them if they ever want to look at other options you have them available.

What prompted the question was some former ACA clients of mine who are aging into Medicare and have qualified for QMB. They don't want to go the MAPD route and I certainly can't blame them. "Free" Plan F? Yipee!

It looks like there is one standalone PDP (at least for 2024) that doesn't have a MAPD in the area, so I'll tell them they can pick that one if they don't want to be hassled to switch by their PDP carrier, and to hang up the phone if anybody else calls about Medicare.

Last edited:
Back