Prices and Plans Available Now

Are you going to continue to write a lot of HSA plans?

Yes, if they are available in AZ and FL. (CA seems to have slim pickings).
Yes, if price is lower for the equivalent OOP on a copay plan.
Yes, if they want to tax deduct their OOP expenses
Yes, if they want that 1040 tax deduction, to lower AGI, and maybe get more subsidies.

If in subsidy range, not only will you get the federal tax deduction, you will also make 3-9.5% in subsidies. (Shhhh, don't tell anyone this trick)

That's a great trick. Also if they are under the 250% of poverty they get cost sharing on the plan

I just went to the Covered California website and ran a quote for a 27 year old in San Francisco who earns $40,000 in 2014. The conflicting wording, technical terms and outright lies associated with running this quote were despicable!

I've been in the health insurance field since 1997 and have NEVER seen such a confusing explanation of benefits and costs! :err:

To top it off, this 27 year old will get no subsidy, and pay over $300 a month for a +$6,000 annual out-of-pocket. Of further insult to this applicant is that the "Medical Provider Lookup" link that is present on all carrier and web-quoting websites is missing from the Covered California quotes.

OK, I'm done letting off steam. Will now PRAY that the Federal Exchanges will be more consumer friendly.

Still not understanding how we had a big rollout event in the media today, but plans and rates still not approved

Back