Sales Cycle for Cold Calls

vic616283

Expert
All I've been exposed to are the opinions of people from the career agency background. Basically my sales cycle is

1- Beg for a meeting on the phone, namedrop the nominator as much as possible
2- Go on meeting, ask lots of questions in order to try to get suspect to open up and give you enough personal financial info to become a prospect in some way
3- Bring back proposal and try to close

I think this sales cycle is well suited when I'm referred as a financial advisor, and the quality of the referral is strong. However, when I'm referred as an insurance guy or when I'm calling an internet lead or cold calling, I'm not sure this is the best way to go. In particular, this approach seems atrocious for cold calling.

I've tried scheduling phone factfinding meetings for cold calls and they never pick up. So, I've been doing research in this forum and this is what I've come up with:

1- Create a campaign, and a concept-based script for my campaign. For example, this campaign will be about hedging against market declines, protecting yourself against outliving your income, or what have you. The next 5 passes through my phoning list will use the same script from this campaign

2- Power up the sales dialer and hit people with my script. The script has to be quick and to the point to either uncover interest within 10 seconds or move on.

3- Whenever I uncover some interest with a suspect, ask follow up "why" questions and generate a conversation. Also ask a couple of crucial qualifying questions such as can he make the decision without his wife, does he have a financial advisor he's going to run my proposal by, and so on.

4- Set the meeting if all goes well.

5- Attempt to close them on the first meeting.

---------

How does that look? Any other qualifying questions I should be asking? Assume my phoning list will be filtered by income so there's no broke people on it

If you can't get the prospect emotionally involved in what you offer, you're going to have a difficult time in this business.

Be more interested in people than in trying to get people interested in you. This is how prospects will tell you what's going on and you won't have to beg or cajole them.

Here's one of my past posts. I think it'll help you:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-script-life-insurance-t53310.html#post695793

Here are some pointers, taken from tgp.

Good Morning, is X. in?
Hello X, my name is Bryan Cranston and I help people establish an income stream that they cannot outlive AND pass that money on tax-free, with that in mind, would you have any objection to me stopping by on Date/Time to show you the kind of work I do?

(no)

I understand how you feel, many of my clients felt the same way when I first contacted them, If I can show you a way that your savings will earn interest that is linked to the stock market, with a guarantee that you cannot lose money, would you have any objection to my stopping by for 15 minutes to show you the kind of work I do?

Thanks guys. I had already searched the forums for cold calling language and I've seen all those gems that guy guys posted, and some more. My question was more in the realm of how much factfinding/qualifying should take place over the phone, and whether or not I should be trying to close on the first meeting.

Thanks for your help though. This forum is full of really great people.

Back