Selling Health Insurance Over the Internet

Stack14

Hello everyone,

I am a newly licensed life and health agent. I am licensed in AZ and CA, and currently CA is where i am located. I wanted to know if anyone can give me some insight on how i begin to sell insurance over the internet. Thank you

Here is how I use the internet. When I talk to a prospect, we decide on a health plan they will apply for. I then let them know we can apply one of two ways, 1) I will mail them a paper app, which they then complete and then mail back to my office. I then scrub the app and then mail to the respective carrier, or, 2) If they want to spend up the application process, they can apply online through my website (Sayerins.com).
Most prospects elect #2.
I also drive traffic to my website in a variety of different ways. I have many people insured that I have never talked to or seen.

So basically to sell over the internet, you purchase leads and then direct the clients to your site.

what are some of the ways you generate leads?

My leads are now 99% referrals.

I'm also curious about your lead generation methods...Do you use SEO for your website?

SEO, no. Most all of my selling takes place in my office. For someone out of town, we either complete the app through the mail, or, I will direct them to my web site for quoting/application. My usage of internet is for enrollment purposes, not, marketing. I'm completly the opposite of someone like eHealthinsurance.com. I can always tell when eHealth is running media ads in my town. People will go to eHealth's web site, and then have add'l questions. Rather than calling the 800 # to eHealth, they look in the yellow pages and find me. I then make the sale. Thank you eHealth.

Back