Selling Life

I want to sell life...no p&c. Question is this...should I open my own agency from the get go, or get on with a life insurance agency, learn the ropes and THEN start my own? Suggestions? Advice?

I concur.

You'll learn so much more, so much faster by working with someone who has years under their belt. Try to bring them prospects as best as you can, and watch them work. You'll not only learn, but you'll make some commissions.

50% of something, it's better than 100% of nothing.

I want to sell life...no p&c. Question is this...should I open my own agency from the get go, or get on with a life insurance agency, learn the ropes and THEN start my own? Suggestions? Advice?

First thing you need to do is get rid of that Seahawks logo and get a Niners logo up by your name!!! Haha, just kidding. Being fairly new myself, I would definitely recommend learning from someone else, before striking out on your own.

First thing you need to do is get rid of that Seahawks logo and get a Niners logo up by your name!!! Haha, just kidding. Being fairly new myself, I would definitely recommend learning from someone else, before striking out on your own.

Second on both recommendations.

The problem with getting training is the limited options. Not as bad as FE market but traditional insurance is still pretty lacking in training shops. I started out at a large mutual. Other than that I can not think of a good option.

Go Niners!

Hey Quack...I'm cool with the Niners too but come on! The 'Hawks are *drum roll* 7 and 1! ;)

Thanks for the advice though everyone. I'm thinking whole life, term and F&E. I was definitely thinking it would be easier to learn from someone else.

I know Torchmark isn't generally the preferred route, but do you think it would be okay for learning purposes. I want to be able to get out and about, rather than be chained to a desk all day.

----------

And I meant FE...not F&E...

I also learned from a big mutual. The training is pretty good for most. Just remember that if the place you choose is 100% commission then they don't have a ton of skin in the game. Also, if you don't have your life license yet, i would look for a company that will pay for you to get licensed...some people seem to think they have to do this on their own.

Back