Semcat

FLagent00

Expert
So my agency is using semcat to do all of our quoting. Not sure how I feel about it. I guess it does what it's supposed to do but I get some pretty annoying glitches sometimes. I also wish that it would recognize the carriers internal rules and not give me a "green light" on a company that clearly will not write the business. For instance, semcat gives me a "go" on ATIC for an HO-3 built 50 years ago but when it comes time to get the quote, ATIC won't write an HO-3 prior to a 1994 build date. Are there any programs that integrate this kind of information? Is there a better quoter that will get me better bang for the buck?

Any third party quoter will never incorporate all of the underwriting rules. They may try, but I wouldn't count on it.

I have never used Semcat, so I can't speak to it specifically, but every quoter I've used has issues like this. Heck, I've even had issues on carrier sites where they will let me quote something that they won't accept.

Bottom line, there is no substitute for knowing your carriers basic underwriting / appetite guidelines. Somethings get flagged as can't be done, but a lot of things slip through.

Dan

Back