Serious Question, Serious Answer Needed!

I recently recruited an Agent who signed an AOC through UHC for Medicare products. I found out that this particular Agent has a history of lawsuits against people and companies, and has now threatened to bring serious harm to my agency. I have tried diligentlyto handle the threats and inappropriate conduct, and it has only gotten worse. Does anyone have any advice on how I can release this Agent from the Assignment of Commissions before a policy has been written? I really didn’t want this Agent to write business through our up lines either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I recently recruited an Agent who signed an AOC through UHC for Medicare products. I found out that this particular Agent has a history of lawsuits against people and companies, and has now threatened to bring serious harm to my agency. I have tried diligentlyto handle the threats and inappropriate conduct, and it has only gotten worse. Does anyone have any advice on how I can release this Agent from the Assignment of Commissions before a policy has been written? I really didn’t want this Agent to write business through our up lines either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Why in the world would you have had her assign her commissions in the first place?
That's just trouble waiting to happen. :yes:

That's how an agency works, we provide the training, leads and support...

How else would we make money after the leads and training etc.? UHC supposedly changed their contracts this year and there is no way to make money off an Agent writing Med-Advantages unless you do an AOC.

That's how an agency works, we provide the training, leads and support...

How else would we make money after the leads and training etc.? UHC supposedly changed their contracts this year and there is no way to make money off an Agent writing Med-Advantages unless you do an AOC.

That's completely untrue. unless New York is unique. UHC still has SGA and MGA contracts. If your agency does enough business you should be at this level.

If you are at the agent level then you have no business "hiring" agents to work with you.

Rick

Why can't you just terminate the agent's contract?

What is so difficult?

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks Greensky! NY is definitely its own animal with the Insurance World. I was told this by our Marketing Organization that our Agency would have to assign commissions. Do you know any details on the SGA or MGA contracts and what type of business we need to be writing etc.? Our Agency writes numerous carriers but probably between our Agents we write 300+ UHC cases a year. We write a lot of Final Expense etc.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]Hey Newby! Do you know any details on terminating a AOC withthe Agent? We want to make sure we handle it correctly as it looks sensitive by the Agents past history. :- ( Wouldn’t want the Agen tour writing our business etc. Would it just be a letter of termination stating “with” cause or what exactly needs to be done?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks for the help guys!![/FONT]

If you "recently" recruited this agent, it baffles me that you feel as though you are locked into working with him or her. I would drop them like a hot potato and serve them with a restraining order for threatening you. This is ludicrous.

If I were you I would immediately consult an attorney before taking any contract action against someone you "hired".

I found out that this particular Agent has a history of lawsuits against people and companies, and has now threatened to bring serious harm to my agency.

Again, this is why you need a lawyer. You really should have an attorney available to your business if you are going to recruit, hire or contract other people.

Latest posts

Back