Server Uptime

Sam

Founder
Administrator
We have had a few ddos attempts over the past four days that have caused us to have a bit of downtime. We fight off overseas spammers all the time, and sometimes they try to take revenge.

We have installed some new firewalls and hope to have this problem blocked out in the next few days.

I've notice it down a couple of times or being slow and was wondering. I even thought it was my dsl.

This forum is up 99.9% of the time. I wish I had a server like yall do and webmaster like val.

Good to know its being taken care of. I know I've seen a bit of sluggishness lately, this explains it.

Right now, things are good! I assume the bulk of the problem has been fixed.

Dan

I also noticed the slowdowns, but that is the reality of the web. Given the volume of traffic here, I think Sam does a remarkable job of keeping it running smoothly. Well Done.

Anything with as many database queries as this forum has is bound to have some speed issues sometimes.

Your average internet user has no idea the level of complexity going on inside a server just to keep everything working, and how little it takes to break it.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

The site is hosted at a very reliable hosting company, so coupled with their superb support staff, we are able to fight off attempted ddos.

Val.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back