Severe Sleep Apnea

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a client who just got turned down because in the APS it said he had severe sleep apnea. After speaking with the client, he said his doctor was advised by his cardiologist to list his sleep apnea as extremely severe so that his insurance would cover his CPAP machine. He was turned down by VOYA for their ROP plan. Am I out of options?

I have a client who just got turned down because in the APS it said he had severe sleep apnea. After speaking with the client, he said his doctor was advised by his cardiologist to list his sleep apnea as extremely severe so that his insurance would cover his CPAP machine. He was turned down by VOYA for their ROP plan. Am I out of options?

What type of policy are they looking for? A lot of FE companies accept sleep apnea. Foresters will take it even with Oxygen.

Might want to check, their Smart UL or Term might take that risk as well.

It's more concerning if the sleep apnea is central and not obstructive. The difference is that the brain doesn't tell you to breathe with the former. A high AHI isn't good but if symptoms resolve with CPAP you can reapply. The offer might be a little higher but compliance with the CPAP and no futher symptoms are the bigger issues here.

It's more concerning if the sleep apnea is central and not obstructive. The difference is that the brain doesn't tell you to breathe with the former. A high AHI isn't good but if symptoms resolve with CPAP you can reapply. The offer might be a little higher but compliance with the CPAP and no futher symptoms are the bigger issues here.

Glad you are back by the way.

Back