Shenandoah Life Leaving Receivership and Forgave My Commission Deficit

keith48

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
I talked to someone at Shenandoah Life today that told me that they are out of receivership as of last week. I had a single premium whole life policy I sold days before they went into receivership a few years ago and the client free-looked the policy when he heard. I knew that I was going to have to repay that eventually, but never heard anything from them about it. I was certainly willing to pay it since I owed it. But I was told today that as part of coming out of receivership, they are forgiving any outstanding commission debits that are owed to them! That was fantastic news to me, even though I felt a little guilty at first.

Shenandoah was the first FE company I licensed with as an independent agent when I left Bankers Life and Casualty in 1999. I certainly hope they can rebound. I always liked working with them.

The question is will they start back selling products one day soon?

I called them today and was told they are evaluating what markets and where to go next. They are basically going to be starting over. But they were a good company with good products and good commission that had a bunch of bad investments in mortgage holdings. That's what hurt them the most. I also would love to see them come back strong.

Another good reason not to offer B rated carriers. Just over two short years ago Shenandoah went from a B++ AM Best rating to an E rating.....

Back