SSDI to SSA "Early Retirement"

He addresses full retirement age for all here (bolding is mine):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And that concern is addressed here--again for all, not just boomers (again bolding is mine):

Here is another article from an attorney which uses slightly different language to express the same concepts. (and if boomers are the 1943-1954 age, then he uses boomers in his "for example", but again the concept applies to all.

This article discusses SSI. I was referring to SSDI. Big difference.

I've seen people walking around with $200 a month SSI. It's here one month and gone the next. Here's a good description of SSI from your article.

SSI is a strictly needs-based assistance program for individuals with qualifying physical or mental disabilities who have limited income and resources. You do not need to have ever worked in your lifetime to receive SSI.
I was referring to SSDI and what happens when turning 62.

SSDI continues to full retirement age. And the conversion over to retirement is automatic.

Actually it discusses both.
Outside of you, Dorothy and Toto, I don't know too much about Kansas.

What is the SSI crowd like in your neck of the woods?

Down here in South Georgia, they're scamming the system by the truckload. I've lost count of the ones drawing $200 or so. Usually saying they're disabled with back problems yet they're healthy enough to body slam my big ass.

Oh, and btw. Were you related to the ugly woman riding the bicycle in the Wizard of Oz? Just askin

Is there video of the actual body slam? Asking for a friend.
Sorry. No video but I'm game.

Did try these two many years ago. Backstage at a Creed concert. The one on the right I could whup. Would not recommend trying the one on the left.

Attachments

• Goldie.jpg
    Goldie.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 7
Back