"State Farm is still doing more business than anybody, and it shouldn’t exist under capitalism"

I'm surprised that Warren Buffett would say something so incredibly stupid. State Farm does exist and It's doing very well.

I have them, and have since I was 16. Home only now.

They seem like a hell of a better bet than ever-widening roads from sprawling suburbia to city centers that don't really do much to mitigate awful traffic because everyone needs to be in their own little aluminum bubble during their 45 minute commute that only exists because of an overreliance on automobile-based infrastructure.

:huh:... :err:...:wacko:

I very much enjoy the freedom my automobiles afford me. I figure I may only be remembered for my carbon foot print, so I gonna leave a huge one. :laugh::yes:

I very much enjoy the freedom my automobiles afford me. I figure I may only be remembered for my carbon foot print, so I gonna leave a huge one. :laugh::yes:

Lol. Don't get me wrong...I like my car. But contending with the density of psychopaths on Florida's many stroads ruins the driving experience. In populous areas with wholly car-devoted infrastructure the car wastes more time than it saves and creates more distance than it overcomes.

Interesting article. State Farm can sometimes be very competitive and their claims handling and customer service is great. For higher net worth individuals and people that are willing to pay for good service, I suspect State Farm will do just fine over the next several years. After the way they handled my claims, I'll probably be with them for a very long time.

It's worth noting, as an agent, I generally find all the Berkshire companies very difficult to deal with, so I always take that into consideration whenever I read an article like this.
I was a customer of State Farm for 10 to 15 years and have dealt with them as a competitor agent now for many years. I have never found their customer service to be good. I left them years and years ago because the service was so lousy. I think their service may be fine but only if you are doing what they want you to do.

Back