State Farm Minimum $2K Deductible?

That's odd because State Farm is really moving away from flat deductibles. In Missouri, if it's new business, you have to use a 1% deductible minimum for houses <$100,000 Dwelling A coverage. 1.2% can be used for those below that threshold. It's odd that a new home buyer would be subject to a flat 2k deductible. But remember, State Farm deductibles are almost ways comprehensive peril deductibles and they usually do not use a separate wind/hail deductible.

With that being said, obviously, just like any other company, underwriting guidelines differ from state to state. I worked in Texas/MO/KS and the % deductible is pretty standard now.

QUOTE=DawnPatrol;901882]State Farm in most states is soon to require a 1/2% to a 1% deductible on all new business depending upon the Coverage A Limit
Existing on-board business will have that on renewal also, but with a "buy-back" option to the old deductible
For me I try to sell a $2000 deductible on most cases....[/QUOTE]

edit: didn't see this.. lol essentially same thing I typed. But this is the case with SF at the moment (and from here on out)

Last edited:
As I mentioned before insurance companies love the % based deductible. Why? The customer doesn't know what the % is based off of and on a percentage base the insurance company is able to get more deductible as the dwelling amount increases.

Back