Suitability Question

A client wants to replace their Masterdex 10, after 3 1/2 yrs.
for another annuity I mentioned before I knew what she already had .
The annuity I mentioned when I did a life ins. presentation has a GLIR with an significant increase of payments should she not be able to perform 2 of 6 adl's.
She would be losing her 10% bonus and suffer surrender penalties if replaced. In the short term she's bettter of staying with what she has, but in the long term, making a change would be to her benefit, especially if she needs ltc.

She currently has an annuitization value of $81,000 and a surrender value of $64,000 effectivley putting her back to where she started in 2006.

Last edited:
So I assume you decided it was not a suitable sale. What do you mean by long term? Normally when someone says long term I think 5 years +. By then she'll be out of her surrender period with the contract she's in and additional LTC withdrawls would be a moot point right?

So I assume you decided it was not a suitable sale. What do you mean by long term? Normally when someone says long term I think 5 years +. By then she'll be out of her surrender period with the contract she's in and additional LTC withdrawls would be a moot point right?

She won't take income until mandatory or 7 yrs, so in this case the GLIR would give her more income, if she can't wait 7 yrs. then she's better off staying put.

Back